We think the dust has settled. You can continue to use this URL to access our OLab3 demo server:
We apologize because the transition was not nearly as smooth as we had hoped. We have copied all of the case information, media files, user identities etc from the old server to the new one.
We have repointed the https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca/ URL from the old server to the new one so that outside references to your cases should now work as before.
We have left in place the URL https://mvp.olab.ca/ to point to this same server so if any of you have altered your links and references, these should still work.
Phew. A lot of fuss for something that should have happened invisibly. Sorry that it did not but this resulted from a lack of resources at UCIT, who have many other things on their plates just now.
Sorry everyone for the inconvenience. We have been having issues with the server at https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca for a few weeks now.
We will need to switch to a more stable server – this will probably happen on Monday 5 DEC 2022. We will post the new server URL at that time.
In the meantime, what to do?
- You can continue to use https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca until Monday.
- The forgot-my-password link on that server will not function properly. (It will say that it will send you a link but that will not be sent.)
- We will copy the data files from https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca to the new server on Monday. This means that…
- Case materials and edits on https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca should still be carried over
- User account details will remain the same
- Session data (who played what when) will be carried over.
- The server at https://demo.openlabyrinth.ca/ will be running more slowly because of these internal problems.