OAuth setup for other authentication methods

Home Forums Technical OAuth setup for other authentication methods

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dtopps
    Keymaster

This has been available for quite a while but the documentation has not been easily available.

This is not for the timid and is only aimed at those who administer their own OpenLabyrinth site.

http://openlabyrinth.ca/oauth-manual-v3/

Contact us if you have problems

dtopps
    Keymaster

Prompted by a question from Yusuf, I have been exploring again how to set up OAuth authentication on your OLab server.

I am pleased to say that the process still works just fine for Facebook and Twitter logins, with only tiny changes in the steps needed, which are self-evident.

It is not so easy for Google+ logins. There are more steps needed now, and I seem to have run into a wee loop of steps where I can go no further. Happy to discuss this further with other groups who are trying to do this.

dtopps
    Keymaster

I have some further suggestions from Yusuf, for which I am very grateful, where he figured out some problems that lay in his .htaccess file. I am reposting his note here because others may run into this:
    —————–

I have done some debugging on home.php on line 60

public function action_loginOAuthCallback()

With the issue #104 I have confirmed it is a htacess issue. So I have changed my htacess file as

Options +FollowSymLinks

Turn on URL rewriting

RewriteEngine On

Protect hidden files from being viewed

Order Deny,Allow
    Deny From All
    # Redirect Trailing Slashes...
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ /$1 [L,R=301]
    Allow any files or directories that exist to be displayed directly

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule ^ index.php [L]

With this htacess, I was able to login with Twitter, Facebook and Google+ So I suggest to change htacess file as this.
    ————

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.