Case authoring tips

Home Forums General Case authoring tips

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dtopps
    Keymaster

Although we try to cover some of these tips in the User Guide, it is not always easy to find what you are looking for in that lengthy manual. In this topic, we will cover some of the common gotchas that trip up OpenLabyrinth case authors.

dtopps
    Keymaster

My case won’t start.

You’ve just been editing your case but when you go to play it, you either get an error from the underlying Kohana framework or the case simply drops back to the general author page. What went wrong?

One little glitch that pops up occasionally is the OpenLabyrinth loses place of the root node in the case. i.e. it does not know where to start.

Go back into the Visual Editor and make sure that your starting point is indicated. The node that is the root node should be a light orange color. If not, click on the node. When the editing panel for that node pops up on the right side of the Visual Editor screen, click on the Actions tab, set the node to Root Node and then Save your edits to the Node. Finally, remember to Update your map with the button in the top left corner of the Visual Editor. Now try your case again.

dtopps
    Keymaster

Where did my Avatars go?

One odd little bug that we have had trouble eradicating is that, after you Export then Import an OpenLabyrinth map from one server to another, the Avatars are temporarily screwed up. When you go to play the case, you either see nothing or a bald head where the Avatar should be.

There is a very simple fix for this. Open the Avatar Editor for that case. Click on the Avatar that is messed up as if you were going to edit it. Then simply Save your changes.

This will correct the rendering of the Avatar, both within the Avatar Editor, and subsequently when you go to play the case.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.