Monthly Archives: July 2013

OpenLabyrinth v3.0.2 released today

We have been running version 3.0.2 for a while now on our development and testing servers. Pretty stable with no data losses. For those sites who have been waiting for the development iterations to settle down to a less hectic pace, now is a pretty good time to install.

There have been a lot of minor tweaks to the underlying code and usability improvements for authors.

The above link is for downloading the latest version from Github, but if you just want to try out some cases for yourself, check out:

You will also notice quite a few Greek language cases on there. A nice testament to the regional flexibility of OpenLabyrinth.

OpenLabyrinth on WebBrain

I am a big fan of concept mapping tools and we have made strong use of them in our virtual patient projects. For personal learning, web research and idea integration, I often use a program called Personal Brain (or now ‘The Brain’).

This is not a cheap program but I find it very powerful and hugely useful. However, there is a free viewer called WebBrain. I sometimes find this quite a good way of illustrating a number of topics with a complex set of inter-relations.

So, I have created a WebBrain illustrating some of the stuff that is currently going on with OpenLabyrinth.

It appears a bit confusing at first but the beauty is that you can explore the various connections, seeing how various projects or areas of development are linked to each other. If this proves to be of interest to others in keeping tabs on what we are doing, I’ll update and enrich this concept map to show more about these areas interlink.